OVERHEAD CRANE MAINTENANCE TRAINING – 2023
This course is now validated LCPD 2022-01, previously LEEASA 22 for 5 CPD POINTS by the Lifting Equipment Engineering Association of South Africa[LEEASA], registered with the Engineering Council of South Africa [ECSA]
13th – 17th February 2023
17th – 21st April 2023
19th – 23rd June 2023
14th – 18th August 2023
09th – 13th October 2023
04th – 08th December 2023
The crane maintenance training course is designed for:
- Lifting Machinery Entity’s (LME’s) – Supervisors, Crane Inspectors/ Lifting Machinery Inspectors (LMIs), Crane Technicians, Artisans and Technician Assistants who are involved in maintenance and statutory inspections and testing; as well as
- End-User’s – Engineers, Production Managers & Supervisors (aka Designated persons) who are involved in day-to-day use and maintenance of cranes, hoists and general lifting equipment.
The course has a comprehensive focus on product knowledge and information surrounding Legislation and Standards, where we transfer more than sixty years of our experience in the industry to people who can use the knowledge gained to the benefit of the individual and the company.
"*" indicates required fields
COURSE CONTENT (5 DAYS)
- OHS Act (Driven Machinery Regulations–18: 2015) or Mines Health and Safety Act
- Classification of cranes
- Summary of BS466 (crane specification)
- Summary of SANS 60204 (Electrical specifications for cranes)
- Summary of SANS 10375: 2006 & 2018 (Inspection and testing of overhead cranes)
- Summary of SANS 500 (Examination of manual chain blocks & chain lever hoist)
- Summary of SANS 4308 & 4309 (Selection & Inspection of wire ropes)
- Load test procedures
- Recommended maintenance schedule
- Crane record/log books
Comprehensive Training/Reference Manuals
Course Certificates on successful completion of the examination
The course is held at Morris Material Handling Training Centre, Apex, Benoni. The route map will be e-mailed to delegates on request.
Should companies want training to be conducted at their venue, this can be arranged if there are ten (10) delegates or more. The facilities and equipment requirement will be forwarded to you.
- PRICE PER DELEGATE is R12, 500, 00 (Twelve Thousand and Five Hundred Rands) excl. VAT.
- A 10% discount will apply if there are more than five (5) delegates from one company.