Crane Aid Minor Service
Scope of Service
THE SERVICE ITSELF WILL INCLUDE:
- The inspection of all mechanical electrical components.
- The greasing and oiling of all lubricating points.
- Implementing whatever running adjustments can be made on the spot.
- Stamping of every hook with the respective measurements for opening.
- Measuring and recording of brake lining, crane wheel and sheave wheel wear.
- Checking for wear and measuring according to standard of steel wire rope.
- If necessary, preventative maintenance recommendations will be made.
Our Service Department operates on a 24 Hour basis 7 days a week.
DETAILED BREAKDOWN OF INSPECTION SERVICE
Structure and Condition of Crane
- Check for loose connections, bolts, nuts etc.
- Visual check of gantry.
- Visual check of crane girders.
- Visual check of end carriages.
- Visual check of safety rail.
- Visual check of cabin and mounting.
- Visual check of crab frame.
- Check for cracked, worn, de-formed or corroded members, including rail and beam on which the crane operates.
Wheels and Shafts
- Check wheels and diameters of driving and trailing wheels.
- Check flanges for wear.
- Check ring gear and pinion condition.
- Check all gearboxes for abnormal noise and excessive backlash.
- Inspect motor couplings and bolts as well as studs.
- Check for excessive wear on brake parts.
- Check pins, lever, bushes, linings etc.
Rope Drums / Chain / Sheaves
- Check rope drums and sheaves for wear.
- Check chain and sprockets for excessive wear or stretch.
- Inspection of all steel wire ropes for corrosion, wear, kinks, broken wires etc.
- Ensure that at least three full turns of rope remain on drum when the hook block is on bottom limit.
- Check rope reeving.
- Check function of limit switch.
- Check rope diameter is correct size when considering the crane duty specification for the sheave diameter.
- Check limiting and other safety devices.
- Measure and record the distances between the three centre punched marks on the hook and compare with last recorded dimensions to check that the hook is not opening out.
- Check excessive hook wear.
- Check hook attachment and nut.
- Check safety catch for proper operation.
Guards and Safety Devices
- Check crane buffer, end stops for proper placement.
Access and Notices
- Check access to crane and footwalk.
- Check name plates, danger signs and safety working load plates.
You might need to download Adobe Acrobat Reader in order to view our brochures.